- Titans | Jake Locker might continue to restTennessee Titans QB Jake Locker (shoulder) might continue to receive rest for his shoulder injury, especially if the team continues to win with QB Matt Hasselbeck at the helm.
- Browns | Trent Richardson to miss game time?Cleveland Browns RB Trent Richardson (ribs) could be shut down for upcoming home games against the San Diego Chargers and Baltimore Ravens, letting him rest through the bye week, coming back Nov. 18 against the Dallas Cowboys. 'If we see that this is bothering him to the point where he can't perform, then we'll make those decisions as we go, […]
- Bears | Julius Peppers in and outChicago Bears DL Julius Peppers (foot), who has been bothered by plantar fasciitis, has been sidelined for portions of the second half in Week 7 against the Detroit Lions. He was able to return to the field late in the fourth quarter.
- Lions | Amari Spievey undergoing testsDetroit Lions SS Amari Spievey (concussion) left the Week 7 game in the third quarter against the Chicago Bears Monday, Oct. 22, due to a head injury. He was carted off to the locker and will be given concussion tests.
- Cowboys | Matt Johnson could be headed for IRDallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett said Monday, Oct. 22, that FS Matt Johnson (hamstring) might be headed for season-ending Injured Reserve if he does not shake his hamstring injury soon. Johnson was expected to play in Week 7 against the Carolina Panthers, but he re-injured his hamstring in practice Friday, Oct. 19.
- Austin Rivers: Sprained Right AnkleAustin Rivers: Rivers suffered a sprained right ankle during Monday's preseason game against Dallas and he's doubtful to return, the Hornets' official site reports. Visit RotoWire.com for more analysis on this update. […]
- Dirk Nowitzki: (Knee) Hopes To Only Miss Three WeeksDirk Nowitzki: Nowitzki (knee) is hopeful that he'll only be out three weeks, ESPN Dallas reports. Visit RotoWire.com for more analysis on this update. […]
- Kobe Bryant: (Foot) Practices MondayKobe Bryant: Bryant missed practice Monday with a strained and bruised right foot, the team's official website reports. Visit RotoWire.com for more analysis on this update. […]
- Eric Gordon: (Knee) Goes Through First Shootaround Of Preseason MondayEric Gordon: Gordon (knee) went through his first shootaround of the preseason Monday, the Dallas Morning News reports. Visit RotoWire.com for more analysis on this update. […]
- Chris Kaman: Calf IssueChris Kaman: Kaman (calf) will sit out Monday's game, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports. Visit RotoWire.com for more analysis on this update. […]
- Lohse blasted as Cards eliminatedSt. Louis starter Kyle Lohse was handed the ball for the deciding Game 7 of the National League Championship Series on Monday night in San Francisco. Unfortunately, the Cardinals' super starter dropped that ball as he took the loss that sent the Cardinals home for the winter. Lohse gave up five earned runs on six hits and a walk with one strikeout as th […]
- Sandoval redeeming himselfGiants third baseman Pablo Sandoval, who had a disappointing regular season that was marred by a hamstring injury and subsequent weight gain, has been on a tear in the postseason. He entered Game 7 of the NLCS against the Cardinals leading the Giants with a .326 (15 for 46) batting average in the playoffs. He also has three home runs. "You just go in th […]
- Cashman: A-Rod trade 'unrealistic'Despite all the speculation that third baseman Alex Rodriguez will get traded this offseason, Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said he isn't counting on it. "It's not like I'm going to hang phones up on anybody who wants to make any overtures about anything," Cashman told ESPN New York 98.7. "You're talking about reali […]
- Vogelsong Ks 9 in Game 6 winGiants pitcher Ryan Vogelsong turned in his second quality start of the NLCS in Game 6 on Sunday against the Cardinals. He allowed one run on four hits over seven innings of work in the 6-1 win. The right-hander made it through the first five frames scoreless before giving up an RBI single to Allen Craig in the sixth. Vogelsong, who threw 102 pitches, also s […]
- Carpenter falls in Game 6Cardinals pitcher Chris Carpenter took the loss in Game 6 of the National League Championship Series in San Francisco Sunday night. Carpenter allowed fiver runs (two earned) on six hits over four innings in the 6-1 defeat, but was once again done in by a big frame. The Giants plated four runs in the second inning, including two on a two-run double off the ba […]
- Hyun-Jin Ryu Seeks Revenge Against GiantsHyun-Jin Ryu is hoping for better results against the Giants Thursday. (Nostraballus.wordpress.com) Back in January, when we slotted Los Angeles Dodgers lefty Hyun-Jin Ryu 20th in our Starting Pitcher Rankings, we wondered what kind of adjustments the league would make against him after his fine “rookie” season (as always, we balk at calling a player that [. […]
- Honouring Jackie RobinsonThere's a reason this guy went grey so early and died far too young. He was carrying around a weight from years of ugly abuse, and the film did not leave us with a sense of the true scope of his suffering. The fact that he died at the tender age of 53 (yes, diabetes played a huge role here), was not even mentioned. We find it hard to believe that his or […]
- 2014 Relief Pitcher RankingsWhile it's true that he is human and will occasionally turn a situation sticky, he remains perfect in save chances early on this year. Okay, so if you want to call his ERA rising two-tenths of a run last year alarming, go ahead. You're probably also a germaphobe. There aren't many hurlers that can blow hitters away with such ease as Kimbrel ca […]
- Review: MLB.TV Premium App (PS4/XB1)Upon launching, you're presented with a full-screen grid showing all the games for the current date. By default, these go top left to bottom right in order of start time, though if you identify a favourite team they'll be moved into the first slot and starred. You can switch days with the shoulder buttons or view a monthly calendar by clicking the […]
- The Wire Troll: Mike Leake Flowing WellLeake has very quietly enjoyed a solid start to the season. He was totally dominant against a very good St. Louis Cardinals lineup last week, scattering four hits over eight innings of shutout ball. Coming off a 14-win campaign last year, Leake will provide a lot more value as a fifth/sixth starter in your Fantasy rotation than he’s currently being given cre […]
- Washington Nationals Slugger Bryce Harper Starts Ad Campaign with GatoradeWashington Nationals slugger Bryce Harper recently inked a deal to be a spokesperson for Gatorade, and you should be seeing those commercials on your television quite soon if you have not already. If you are an impatient Harper lover and also are not a fan of “clown questions”, then you might want to check out […]
- New York Rangers Will Go Far If They Continue To Dominate 3rd PeriodThe New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers were feeling each other out for the first two periods of Game 1 of their Eastern Conference quarterfinals matchup. Then the third period happened and the Rangers just turned their game to a different level. The Rangers had more goals in the third period, three, than the Flyers […]
- 2014 NFL Draft: Atlanta Falcons’ 5 Dark Horse 1st-Round Targets[slideshow_deploy id='368853'] Walter Bergeson is a writer for Rantsports.com. Follow him on twitter @WalterBSports or add him to your network on Google
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Names Jacksonville Jaguars Fans Need to Know[slideshow_deploy id='368967']
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Names Green Bay Packers Fans Need to Know[slideshow_deploy id='368931']
DAILY FANTASY SPORTS INFO
It’s a little like sports betting except that instead of betting on the winner of a sporting event often with a point spread….daily fantasy sports players PICK their own team every day and then are awarded POINTS for that players statistical performance on the field.
Daily Fantasy Sports Info
It was a major blow to many American poker players when the US decided to ban online poker., but Daily Fantasy Sports were excluded from the Unlawful Internet Gaming Enforcement Act of 2006. (UIGEA) This was the law that pretty well destroyed online poker, but there is a fantasy sports carve-out in the Unlawful Internet Gaming Enforcement Act.
The great thing about fantasy sports betting is that cashouts and deposits use credit cards, PayPal, or checks so very simple and quick. Of course, you have to make sure you deal with a good company. Another great reason to get into Fantasy Sports ( and also Daily Fantasy Sports) is that it is just in it's early stages, and there is nothing better than getting on something in the beginning. Daily Fantasy Sports betting is only a few years old, and it is really in it's infancy. There is a lot of money to be made by dedicated players who take the time to get good at it.
As we mentioned, fantasy sports were exempted by the UIGEA, and the reason that happened is that these games are considered games of skill, and this is true with the daily fantasy sports, whether the games are daily fantasy baseball, basketball, or whatever. You have to watch injuries, trades, trends etc, and make sure that you stay within your salary cap.
Another thing that people enjoy with Daily Fantasy Sports is that it is relatively easy to play many games at once. It is easy to submit lineups to as many daily fantasy sports games as you want.If you are interested in trying out daily fantasy football, FanDual is the biggest and best of the Daily Fantasy Sports sites.